Grey Oaks Plantation

 

History 



Grey Oaks, originally built on the outskirts of Port Gibson, Mississippi in the Greek Revival style, was once called "Anchuka".  It was bought in 1940 by Michael Morrissey of Vicksburg. Under the supervision of architect Mr. James T. Canizaro of Jackson, Mississippi, the house was dismantled and all salvageable parts were used to rebuild the home in the Federal style and renamed Grey Oaks at it's present location. 


Now owned by Ron White, the home is an elegant adaptation of an 1830's home. Surrounded by acres of landscaped grounds and towering oaks, and mountains of Kudzu, the house takes on the aura of a romance novel. Mr White is a passionate art collector of oil canvases, sculptures, clocks and period furniture which are featured throughout the home.